A slow to start up or slow running computer is often a sign that something is seriously wrong and you should back up (save a copy) of your data immediately (if possible) in case the hard drive is about to fail or there is malware present or a corrupt software or system file.
- Back up your data – documents, photos, tax or software data files
- Ensure you have a list of all your software license keys and passwords – later versions are a log in email and password and can be re-downloaded easily
- Run your anti virus software – Saunders IT use Avast Business Cloudcare but you can download Avast free here.
- Check your internet connection
- Uninstall any recent programs or updates