How long will it take to fix my computer?
Repair times can vary depending on the problem. Repairs take a minimum of 24 hours depending on availability of parts and time of book in.
Businesses can ask for an urgent service call to the premises if the issue can be fixed onsite.
How much will it cost?
A minimum inspection fee ($70 for Computers) is payable for all non-warranty repairs. Any additional cost will be discussed with you before proceeding with the work.
Service calls to your home or business premises start from $99 in Ashgrove, or $129 (other suburbs such as The Gap).
Can you come to my home or business?
Yes, however it is MUCH more economical to bring your computer to our repair shop and book it in as some problems are not easily fixed onsite or need longer processes such as installations or scans to run. Additionally, unanticipated tasks that take up time often come up - such as: looking up your user name/ password, internet provider details, Microsoft Office or other software key, and other problems your computer has that may not have been apparent to you when you called.
Will I lose my data and settings?
All care will be taken to ensure this is not the case, however, please note that in some cases, hardware received for repair may lose some or all of the user’s software settings and data in the process of assessment, diagnosis and repair and such settings and data may not be recoverable.
Thus we recommend you regularly
- back up all data and settings' and
- update your secure list of software licenses keys and passwords.
In fact, given our increasing reliance on technology, it is safest to assume, like with your car, some repairs and servicing will eventually need to occur. By backing up (saving a copy) of your documents and data files and keeping your license keys and passwords somewhere secure, this will make the inevitable a mere inconvenience rather than a devastating loss.
Repair Terms & Conditions: The Fine Print
Generally, we prefer to discuss things in plain English and keep our focus on what we can do to help you. We do abide by certain conditions however, that you should be aware of when you book your machine in:
I hereby authorise Saunders IT to service and repair or upgrade, where necessary, my product in accordance with any given quote. I also understand that:
- Repairs take a minimum of 24 hours depending on availability of parts and time of book
- Saunders IT is not responsible if the fault description is incorrect.
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- A minimum inspection fee ($70 for Computers) is payable for all non-warranty repairs. If the quotation is not accepted or the machine is found, not to be covered by warranty, I accept responsibility for the payment of the Inspection/Quotation Fee.
- The repair of your goods may result in the loss of any user-generated data, please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. Please note that in some cases hardware received for repair may lose some or all of the user’s software settings and data in the process of assessment, diagnosis and repair and such settings and data may not be recoverable. Saunders IT does not accept responsibility for such loss of any user settings or data. Whilst all care will be taken, customers are urged to ENSURE ALL DATA IS BACKED UP PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THE MACHINE IN FOR REPAIR.
- The Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act 1967 covers inspection, custody, storage, repair and other treatment of goods. Under this Act, uncollected goods may be sold six months after the date on which they were ready for collection.
- Software problems are not covered under warranty.
By leaving my machine at Saunders IT, I agree to the above terms and conditions set out by Saunders IT.